Friday, January 4, 2013

Two Guinea Hens

Two Guinea Hens    20 x 16, acrylic on canvas
Yesterday I had a guinea hen incident (they are such oblivious birds!)  and it reminded me that I have been intending to paint them.  They have such fantastic polka-dotted feathers, and I thought it would be fun to paint something   bold and contrasty and graphic.

This painting came out a bit more humorous and cartoonish than i intended, but then they are such crazy, cartoonish birds. Maybe next time I will strive for elegant guineas--now that will be a challenge!

3 comments:

  1. I love Guinea Hens - they are silly, wonderful creatures. Your painting really captures their personalities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting. What a great day 3 entry. they are such interesting creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy guineas! I raised 2 batches of them and quickly tired of of the roasting in the trees during ice storms scenario. Love how you captured them in your painting.

    ReplyDelete