Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jitterbug in the Snow

Jitterbug in the Snow   11 x 14 acrylic on canvas
My little black Dexter heifer, Jitterbug, usually looks like a silhouette out in the pasture, except when there has been a dusting of snow.   Then she reminds me of a gingerbread cutout cookie dusted with confectioners sugar.

I think this painting manages to be sort of abstract and realistic at the same time.

I can't believe I am actually on track so far - 6 paintings in 6 days.  I have a humongous  project with a deadline demanding my attention, so we'll see if I can still eek out a painting a day.  It is quite inspiring to see what all the other artists are doing -- such a broad range of approaches and subjects. I have identified a few favorite artists now that I  can't wait each day to see what they have done.  Check out the work of all the participants in the  30-Paintings in 30-Days challenge at  Leslie Saeta's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment