Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Flight

Flight  36 x 12 Acrylic on Canvas
I missed two entire weeks of painting. So much for accomplishing 30 paintings in 30 days. Well, maybe I can still complete 30 paintings in 30 days, just not consecutive days. My big upholstery commission has superceded my painting this month, along with a few other important deadlines.

Last spring, I sketched out a fun soaring woman image last year for a proposal for a downtown skyway (in that sketch she was clothed), but then it turned out they didn't have Art in the Sky last year.  The idea kept resurfacing, however because lately I have been having flying dreams.  Periodically throughout my life, I have been blessed with the most exhilarating flying dreams.  Recently, I realized that I fly in my dreams when my waking life is most immersed in creating art. If flying dreams aren't a good impetus for painting, I don't know what is!

My deadline for the upholstery project is next weekend, and I will undoubtedly be sewing like a maniac until then. After that, I will be painting like a maniac--I am now committed to two exhibits in February and March.  I am eagerly anticipating some more night flights in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment